Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Laying It Down

footofthecross.jpgThis past Sunday really excited me. We discussed being weary and burdened down by life and religion. We contrasted the way of religion and the way of relationship. Of course Matthew 11:28-30 was our teaching passage. Jesus was contrasting the way of religion and the way of relationship. He was contrasting the religious leader's form of discipleship and his form of discipleship. His audience needed a new vision for life. They needed a new vision for their religion. One that was less burdensome.

We need a new vision for life. We need a new vision for our religion.

At the end of the message we wrote our burdens down on an index card. Then we laid the index cards at the foot of the cross. It was a very powerful moment. As I walked up to lay down my card, I felt the Holy Spirit moving me to tears. Yes...I get all misty eyed during our service. Not all the time...just sometimes. This past Sunday we all encountered the living God. I love encountering God!

What gets you excited during your services? When was the last time you encountered God during your service? What will you do this week to encounter God?

No comments:

Post a Comment