Saturday, July 17, 2010

Conference Junkie

EastRegConference.jpgI love going to conferences. I went to my first conference in 2000 and absolutely loved it. That first conference was a Men's Conference and God did a real work in my life. Ever since then I have thoroughly enjoyed attending church planting, leadership, denominational, and children's ministry conferences. I love the experience of learning from others in a large group setting. I consider myself a lifetime student. So, learning from others is something that I will always do.

This past week we attended the Vineyard Eastern Region conference. As usual it was a blast. I even got a few songs for us to sing in church. But more importantly God did his work in me. That's what makes going to a conference so special for me. I get to experience God in a different setting, outside of my church. Changing settings to encounter God can be extremely refreshing. Receiving prayer by from other pastors is one of the best experiences at the Vineyard conferences. Something really happens in the spiritual realm when someone who can relate to your situation prays for you.

One of the biggest works God did in me was during the last session. John Elmer, Syracuse Vineyard Church, spoke on connecting people to Jesus. The church is in the business of connecting people to Jesus. AMEN! God was already working on me in this area before the conference. He has already been working on some of the people in our church. Yesterday was the culmination of his work over the past few months. So, now it's time for the rubber to meet the road. One part of my calling as a pastor is to see people grow closer to God, this includes people who don't know him. It's time to refocus on connecting people to Jesus.

We have set a goal to have 50 people connect to Jesus over the next year. It's time to accomplish that goal! Please pray for us to reach this goal as a church.

No comments:

Post a Comment