Tuesday, February 16, 2010

So....I Was Reading 'Blogging for Dummies'

The "(Fill in the Blank) for Dummies" books are all the rave. Only can a book legitimately call us dummies and we still pay money for it. I figured reading this book would help me with this whole blogging thing. My main problem with blogging isn't topics or content. I mean...God is doing so much in my life that I have tons of things to talk about. My main problem is being a full time student.


Please...allow me to explain. I'm no longer in college but taking online classes for has had a major impact on how I write on the Net. Online classes require you to make posts and respond to other student's posts. Usually, I had to respond to at least two other people. I also had to respond to the people who responded to me. Furthermore, I had to add quotes from the textbook or outside sources. Of course this also meant adding footnotes in the MLA or Turabian style. I love schooling!! I'm one of the biggest proponents of education. Unfortunately, though...my experience with online classes has seeped into my blogosphere world.


My problem is spending too much proofing the blog. Checking and double checking my references. Sometimes I even want to add footnotes. I know this may be a little overboard but let's face it. I'm a knowledge hound...I'm the kind of guy that hated to be sick because I would miss a day of school. This side of me has made blogging very difficult because I spend too much on them. I don't had have the bandwidth to spend a lot of time writing a blog.


Recently, I heard a friend quote her husband as saying, "If I can't write a blog in 15 minutes then I'm not going to do it!" Now I must fight the urge to annotate my quote!! :-)


That being said...it's time to take his philosophy for blogging. If it takes too long then I won't do it! I simply don't have the time. However, if I really keep it to a certain time limit then this can be a great experience for me and hopefully for you!! Therefore, some blogs won't be grammatically accurate. Some will have misspellings but I will make every effort to clean all that up before I post. Until next time!!



No comments:

Post a Comment