Thursday, May 06, 2010

Building A Multiethnic Community

multicultural.jpgWe're going to have our first Building A Multiethnic Community Roundtable this Friday. I'm getting amped about this already. My goal is to have this seminar once a year. During this seminar we'll talk about culture, race, and ethnicity from a biblical perspective.

I'm not really going to teach this seminar. I'm going to facilitate it. It's not really a seminar. I consider this to be a town hall meeting or a round table meeting. I want to get people from different ethnicities together to talk about our differences and learn more about each other. The meeting will have scripture, videos, stories, stats, and more.

My goal is stated in Ephesians 2:14 "For he himself is our peace, who has made the two one and has destroyed the barrier, the dividing wall of hostility." It's time for us to let Jesus break down the barrier, the dividing wall of hostility.

Please pray for our first of many roundtables. Pray that everyone gets at least one thing from the roundtable. Pray that the Holy Spirit is there and that we allow him to do his thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment